Health Literacy is a critical issue in the United States. Jane Sarasohn-Kahn in a blog post discussed some of the the major issues identified in a recent report by Accenture which you can read here.
To get some real world insights and ideas on how to improve Health Literacy, join Drs. Russell Rothman from Vanderbilt and Brian Primack from University of Pittsburgh October 3, 1-2 pm for a Webinar entitled Improving Health Literacy: What Works and Why .
I’ll be your friendly, neighborhood moderator.
One of the Triple Aim‘s has gotten lost. Will anyone in the healthcare sector publicly declare that they are in fact working on the Double Aim?
The Triple Aim, that lofty set of goals that the healthcare system claims to have embraced:
- Improving the patient experience of care (including quality and satisfaction);
- Improving the health of populations; and.
- Reducing the per capita cost of health care.
I agree with them and believe they are appropriate and necessary.
Everyone it seems, Continue reading
At the recent HiMSS conference in Las Vegas I had the pleasure of interviewing Kaveh Safavi, MD (@DrKavehSafavi), Senior Managing Director, Health Industry, Accenture Health (@AccentureHealth). Dr. Safavi discusses their recent Patient Engagement Survey and other topics. They are doing some very forward looking work in this area.
Here’s the PopHealth Week schedule through mid July so please join us every Wednesday at 12 pm eastern or listen to/download the recording at PopHealth Week.
- June 17 – Steven Blumberg, SVP Atlanticare. ACOs and Population Health.
- June 24 – News Review with Fred, Gregg and Doug.
July will focus on Population Health in Primary Care Practices:
- July 1 – Roy Hinman, MD, Island Doctors – Population Health in a Full Risk Primary Care Practice.
- July 8 – Rushika Fernadopulle, MD, Iora Health – Primary Care that Puts People First, Iora’s unique model.
Listen to earlier shows:
May 20 – David Nash, MD – Population Health or Population Medicine: What Gives?
May 27 – News Review – Evolent’s IPO and Quantified Self, Data, Privacy and Meaningful Use.
June 3 – Jennifer Drago – Waiting to post.