One of the Triple Aim‘s has gotten lost. Will anyone in the healthcare sector publicly declare that they are in fact working on the Double Aim?
The Triple Aim, that lofty set of goals that the healthcare system claims to have embraced:
- Improving the patient experience of care (including quality and satisfaction);
- Improving the health of populations; and.
- Reducing the per capita cost of health care.
I agree with them and believe they are appropriate and necessary.
Everyone it seems, Continue reading
At the recent HiMSS conference in Las Vegas I had the pleasure of interviewing Kaveh Safavi, MD (@DrKavehSafavi), Senior Managing Director, Health Industry, Accenture Health (@AccentureHealth). Dr. Safavi discusses their recent Patient Engagement Survey and other topics. They are doing some very forward looking work in this area.
Here’s the PopHealth Week schedule through mid July so please join us every Wednesday at 12 pm eastern or listen to/download the recording at PopHealth Week.
- June 17 – Steven Blumberg, SVP Atlanticare. ACOs and Population Health.
- June 24 – News Review with Fred, Gregg and Doug.
July will focus on Population Health in Primary Care Practices:
- July 1 – Roy Hinman, MD, Island Doctors – Population Health in a Full Risk Primary Care Practice.
- July 8 – Rushika Fernadopulle, MD, Iora Health – Primary Care that Puts People First, Iora’s unique model.
Listen to earlier shows:
May 20 – David Nash, MD – Population Health or Population Medicine: What Gives?
May 27 – News Review – Evolent’s IPO and Quantified Self, Data, Privacy and Meaningful Use.
June 3 – Jennifer Drago – Waiting to post.
Listen to a recording of the show with Dr. Kaveh Safavi here:
Join PopHealth Week Wednesday June 10 at 12 pm eastern with our special guest:
Kaveh Safavi, MD, JD managing director for global healthcare business at Accenture. Dr. Safavi is responsible for developing and driving a growth strategy that differentiates Accenture’s offerings for providers, health insurers and public and private health systems across the globe.
Accenture Health Management Services offer solutions to help patients, providers and risk-bearers coordinate and manage population health and wellness across care settings in a way that ensures optimal health outcomes, efficient healthcare spend and drives affordability.
We’ll be discussing some of Kaveh’s thoughts on population health and where he believes providers should be focusing their efforts.
Listen to the show here.